Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 May 2011

Project Three - Possible Programming Terms

First concept:  Based around the term Loop()

  • My medium to explain this term would be a video clip. Where I would explore day to day things in life that repeated an action over and over.
  1. A treadmill track.
  2. A microwave dish etc.
However I felt that this was far too straight forward and not creative enough so I looked at trying to take this metaphorical approach to a higher level.

Second concept: Based around the term Void Setup
  • Here I would explore the components in setup through a series of images.
  • Each image would explore a metaphor for the setup function. For example...
  1. Ingredients and method to a baking cake,
  2. Objects required to make tea or coffee,
  3. Objects needed in order to play a game of poker.
This takes the idea of set up and explores the function creatively and clearly. Making clear that the setup function is basically all the 'ingredients' that are needed in order for the code to work. It holds the information that will be needed in order for the action to take place.

I have taken this key word action and brainstormed some ideas above of how this could be metaphorically represented with 'real life' actions.

Third Concept: Taking the second concept further (Void Setup) 
  • Thinking of the images as a series I could focus separately on each key component that is generally found within the setup function. Like: Size, Speed, Background, Color, Line etc.
  • Thus creating a series of images that look at each look at a single component rather than an action like I was doing in my second concept.
At this point both my second and third concept are appealing to me. However after a look at some precedent images (provided by Emily Steel) I am starting to like the second concept more so than the third. As it means I can get quite creative with arrangement, space and use my photography skills to present a polished exhibition piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment