Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 March 2011

Experiment. Experiment. Experiment.

After exploring the code using camera's and 'image import' some more, I have realised that I am able to create images that are very different form one another by simply changing the shape in the draw loop, and by changing the image which the code gets the colour information from. This results in a set of four wallpapers that look as one (as in a series that explore the same theme) yet also differ from one another enough so that the each wallpaper is interesting in its own way.

I have decided to use colour, because the black and white wallpapers have no where near the amount of visual interest as the colour ones. I also found that the black background compliments and frames the coloured shapes much more successfully than the white background.

Shapes and more shapes. With each shape (ellipse, quad, rectangle, triangle) I was able to manipulate the sketch in different ways in order to get it to build up an image that explores space in a new and exciting way. I found that the 'import image' function held more information than I initially realised, as it explores the arrangement of colour in the image being imported and replicates that arrangement (to a certain extent) in the wallpaper. I used this to my advantage, by creating wallpapers that relied on the image for the arrangement of space (and colour).

In my skecthes I used the shape's coordinates to my advantage by manipulating how the shape was drawn on the wallpaper, looking at concentrated areas and blank space. This means that my series has explored many aspects of the code, but has produced images that are unique from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment