Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 March 2011

Second Experiment - Plus refinement.

After completing my first experiment I was quite keen to push the boundaries, and begin to understand another type of coding. After talking to me tutors they put me onto the following code:

for(int i = 0; i < 160; i = i+5)
{
line(85, 20, i, 75);
}
for(int i = 160; i > 0; i = i-5)
{
line(85, 20, 160, i);
}


The code above is the result of experimenting with Luke's code that he had on view. He reccommended this after seeing me repeat a line several times with only one value changing periodically. He told me to just take a look at the code and see if I could figure it out form there. After a few tries a begun to get the idea. The image below is the result of the above code...


Although the darkness that was created from the overlapping lines looked good, I was intent upon creating a code which did not have the lines overlap. When I returned on Friday, I reiterated the code again...

for(int i = 0; i < 160; i = i+5)
{
line(85, 20, i, 75);
}
for(int i = 75; i > -80; i = i-5)
{
line(85, 20, 160, i);
}


Which then created the pattern...


Now I want to attempt to create a code that has the lines expanding (from the centre) not only to the bottom and right, but also to the left and top.


No comments:

Post a Comment