Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 March 2011

Sketches and Concepts from first presentation


These first two images are my brainstorming and narrowing down of ideas for the four wall papers. Looking at the basic techniques and tips we are taught when producing visual representations.

The sketches below are my representations of my concept and theme: Contrast, Space Arrangement, Line weight.












































While I like the direction I am heading I feel like I want more complexity to some of my sketches yet still show simplicity.

My concept is based around the first year experience (that I remember) and therefore I almost want my skecthes to take on a journey of their own. From left to right I want the images to show an increasing complexity and elegance. Looking at some of the rules and processes I went through when undertaking my firts year of Design Innovation.

Starting with basic line drawing and getting to know the drawing tools as one of the first "experiences" I had in the first year design studio, means that I want the first image to represent something very similar to the first sketch (see above, horizontal and vertical lines). I really like one of my previous codes that experiments with ellipses, and would like to use this as my first wall paper design but with a lighter line weight. The reason I like this image is because (with a lighter line weight) the sketch builds up to create areas of built up thicker looking line weight and creates this idea of contrast as well as creating points of interest (space arrangement).

For Example...




However after the skecthes I have just been creating with the 3D aspect and use of camera's... This image does not stand up to or along side that sketch in any way.




So a way of getting around that is to play with and produce alternatives to the code using cameras, by using different shapes and possibly looking at either overlaying this pattern to the other code. Or else take a different perspective and use line (in the place of shapes) to attempt the same sort of reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment